Friday, May 30, 2014

Mythbusters!

In an earlier post in this blog I took a stab at debunking the myth of the digital native with a large body of current research. This afternoon at TMC3 I reviewed the myths of popular perception and the realities as revealed by the research of what kids do with online technology.

This afternoon we looked at the big ideas from the research, and imagined the possibilities in the learning commons. I then posed the question, How can we boost teacher-librarians' comfort to learn with and about technology to leverage the critical leadership role in the learning commons?

I've gathered some feedback, and intend to synthesize them in a future blog post. Here's a link to my paper: Myths, Realities and Opportunities: What the Research Says about Digital Literacy.

1 comment:

Join in the conversation about TMC7 papers. Please identify yourself. Comments posted by Anonymous risk being deleted by the moderator.